For all businesses that have a physical location, local SEO is the best option to attract customers. That being said, this type of SEO is not suitable for businesses that look forward to attract global clients. However, if you are eying a specific zone, then local SEO can be of great help. Even the firms that offer these services make sure that they include the targeted zone in most of the keywords.
|Let us assume that you have a barber shop. If people need to get their hair cut, then definitely they will not go to other states, they will prefer you – the local store.|
From the above example it is clear that people prefer local results or businesses for their search.
- Attract traffic from local customers
- Become more visible to the preferred locality
- Be in touch with your customers
How it works
- Create a local profile on Google. Your local listing will show up for localised search results
- Work on the targeted keywords
- Use citation, a place online that uses your company name, address and phone number on the same page. It should be noted that local citation should match as closely as possible with local listing.
- Try to get as many positive reviews as possible. The quality as well as quantity of reviews left by customers on your Google Places page decides your ranking
The location is a very big factor when people search for certain businesses in certain areas. Make sure your business is registered with Google Places.
Google Places will put you on the map and customers will be able to locate your business.
In conclusion, every business must understand how important local SEO is.
Local SEO services cost less in comparison to other marketing and advertising services. The results of using these services can be seen pretty fast too. Quality of reviews will help to get good page rank. If traffic on the website is increasing then page rank will also increase. Prompt your customers to leave reviews on your Google local page because that is what is ultimately going to help in boosting the ranking.